🌠Simple ways you can put positive energy back into the universe this week. 🌟⚡
• Put a little more love into the world. Some more kindness. Let it be with a friend, loved one, or even a stranger. 💫
• Try your best, and know that your best is ok. 💫
• Forgive people. Forgiving doesn't mean that their actions were ok, or that you have to have some sort of relationship with them again. Do it for yourself. Hate and anger are heavy weights for us to carry around. 💫
• Think as positively as you can. It can be hard, but watch how much it boosts your mood and those around you. 💫
• Eat nutrious food, drink lots of water. 💫
• Let go of unhealthy attachments to people and things. 💫
• Be humble with successes. 💫
• Don’t be reactive to negativity. 💫
I get a little tired of people who assume that just because you have kids, you are automatically completely uncool, and that all your time is spent wiping babies from head to toe, giving spit baths, criticizing their every move, volunteering for PTA, blogging in your spare time, clipping coupons before crock potting a pot roast, ironing the clothes, bleaching the whites, mopping the floors, harvesting your eggs, sewing for your etsy shop, scrapbooking the little things, taking pictures of everything they do, saving for college, reading Dr. Suess, socializing at the bus stop, sweeping the floor, laughing over coffee with your jogging stroller, wearing your birkenstocks and listening to Baby Einstein.
Just because I DO THESE THINGS OCCASIONALLY.
Does not mean for one second that sometimes I don’t just want to be a kick ass girl with streaks in her hair, a ring in her nose, a tattoo on her arm, concert tickets in her purse, vodka in her fridge, a leather mini-skirt in her closet, her best single friends and a standing reservation for Las Vegas once a year with a don’t ask don’t tell policy, and the desire to just once be seen as more than the mother of 5 kids. Sometimes I just want to be seen as a “Maggie”. A “Maggie” with an extremely adorable set of children… (I joke, but sometimes it's hard to over come labels. )